Just Host Web Hosting Help
Auto Installation of Roundcube for Website
- Log in to your Just Host cPanel account.
- Find Website section and select One-Click Installs.
- Click One-Click Installs icon.
- Find the Webmail section and select Roundcube.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Manual Installation of Roundcube for Website
- Download Roundcube from their website at http://roundcube.net.
- Extract the downloaded file onto your computer using a .tar.gz extraction program such as WinRar or WinZip
- Login to your Just Host account and click on 'MySQL Databases', then create a database name of your choice. example: myroundcube Note: it will add your Just Host account username and underscore to the front of the database name you create. So the database name will look like username_myroundcube (write down what it's named as we will need it later).
- Create a username and password under the Users section of mysql Example: myuser Note: The username will also add your Just Host account username in front o the username you create so it will look like username_myuser but your password will be exactly what you typed. Write down what they are we will need them later.
- In the mysql section there are two drop down boxes under databases select the database you created (username_myroundcube) and then the username you created (username_myuser) and then click the button under them that says Add User to DB.
- At the bottom of the mysql section there will be a link to PHPMYADMIN. Click on it.
- On the left select the database you created (username_myroundcube) in the drop down menu.
- Click on the IMPORT(SQL) tab in the middle top area of the screen.
- Click the Browse button and browse to the folder we extracted all the files to and go into the SQL folder and click on the file mysql.initial.sql and click open. Then click the GO Button and this will setup the database for Roundcube. Then close out of the browser.
- Locate the folder you just extracted and then go into the folder called config.
- Locate file db.inc.php.dist and rename it to db.inc.php.
- Locate file main.inc.php.dist and rename it to main.inc.php.
- Click 'Start' in your computer, then 'run' and type in wordpad.exe. WordPad will open.
- Click File then open and browse to the db.inc.php file (Note: when you browse to open the file you may need to set Files of type to All Documents):
- Locate the line:
$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://roundcube:pass@localhost/roundcubemail';We will edit this line to put in our database info.
Where it says "roundcube:pass", you will put in your database username and password there, but keep the colon
example: username_myuser:passwordWhere it says roundcubemail you will fill in your database name there.
example: username_myroundcubeSo it should end up looking something like this, but with your info:
$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://username_myuser:password@localhost/username_myroundcube';
- Click Save and Close wordpad.
- Click 'start' then 'run' and type in wordpad.exe. WordPad will open again.
- Click File then open and browse to the main.inc.php file Click File then open and browse to the main.inc.php file (Note: when you browse to open the file you may need to set Files of type to All Documents):
Find this line:
$rcmail_config['enable_caching'] = TRUE;And change the word TRUE; to FALSE;
Find this line:
$rcmail_config['default_host'] = '';Between the two single quotations type mail.yourdomain.com
- Click Save and Close wordpad.
- FTP all of the extracted individual files to the folder on your site where you want to install roundcube. Example (folder named: email).
Knowledgebase Article 196,320 views bookmark
sharetags: MOJO email roundcube webmail
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
So, you want to access your email, eh? You're going to need an email client for that. But what is an email client? Email clients come in two varieties: webmail and email applications.
. Click the RoundCube logo. This takes you to the main interface screen for RoundCube where your Inbox will be displayed. On the left are your email folders, by default, RoundCube will always show you
To install a phpBB forum using MOJO Marketplace, log into the cPanel and scroll down to the Software/Services category. Click on the MOJO Marketplace icon. Click on the phpBB icon. Click the Install Now bu
Related Help Content
This article outlines how to access your email online through Just Host webmail.
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPres
This article explains how to install WordPress when Mojo is unable to create the database automatically.
Instructions for restting your Email Account's Password through cPanel or Webmail
Instructions for setting up email signatures in webmail
Knowledgebase Article 87,150 views tags: webmail
General Instructions on how to use the spam folder with webmail
Trying to send out emails from multiple email accounts fail from both webmail and third party email clients. Possible Reasons: The maximum emails per hour has been exceeded. This can be caused by forw
Knowledgebase Article 392,160 views tags: email exceeded mailbox outlook quota receive receiving send sender unable