Just Host Web Hosting Help
How To Access Webmail - What Is Webmail?
You've got an email account, but how do you access it online? Through webmail, of course! Webmail is all online, so there's nothing to set up. Just log in and get started! We'll show you how.
Ways to Log In
Webmail is all online, so there's nothing for you to set up. Just log in using one of the methods below:
Option 1: Direct
- In your browser, go to Justhost.com/webmail.
- Type your email address and password, then click Login.
Option 2: Control PanelYou can also log in using a custom subdomain that redirects to your webmail URL.
- Log in to your control panel at my.Justhost.com.
- From the menu options, click Hosting > Email .
- Scroll down to your email address and click View Inbox.
- On the next page, enter your email address password and click Login.
Option 3: Custom Subdomain (Advanced)
You can also log in using a custom subdomain that redirects to your webmail URL.
- Log in to your webmail using one of the options listed above.
- Select a webmail client to access your mail. You can read more about our webmail clients in the next section.
- Copy the complete URL from your address bar.
- Go back to your control panel and click Domains > Subdomains from the main menu.
- Under Create a Subdomain, type a name for your new subdomain, such as "myemail".
Warning: Do NOT use "mail" as your subdomain since it's already in use and will result in conflicts.
- Select your domain from the drop-down menu, then click Create.
- From the main menu, go to Domains > Redirect.
- Under Add Redirect, select your new subdomain from the drop-down menu.
- Paste your webmail URL into the Redirects To field.
- Save by clicking the Add This Redirect button.
Choose a Webmail Client
If you've already chosen a default webmail application, you'll be logged right in. But if you haven't selected one yet, now's your chance. We offer three options for webmail that are built into your account, and each individual email user can choose which webmail client they want to use: Roundcube or Horde.
- Roundcube. As our most popular webmail client, it has the look and feel you’d expect from an email application, but is available inside a browser. You can import and use an address book and use IMAP folders with drag-and-drop organization. When composing emails, you can set up preset responses to save time, and write with spell check in a rich text html composer.
- Horde. It's more than just a webmail client—it’s a collection of simple online apps for collaboration including webmail, calendar, notes, and tasks. These extra features do have some limits, however. For example, the collaborative features only work inside Horde; so to share a calendar entry or a note, the person you're sharing it with would also need to use Horde.
Click the Read Mail Using link under the client of your choice to log in. Or, if you already know which client you want to use by default, click Enable AutoLoad.
You can also set or change your default webmail client from your control panel by following these steps:
- From your control panel, click Hosting > Email in the main menu.
- Looking at the menu to the left, you should be on the Email Accounts page. If not, go there now.
- Scroll down to your email address and select the drop-down menu under Webmail Client.
- Choose Roundcube or Horde as your default client.
- Click View Inbox to log in.