Just Host Web Hosting Help
What Is A Subdomain And How Does It Work? How To Create A Subdomain
This article will explain how to create a subdomain. Subdomains allow you host multiple websites or other services with one domain name.
What is a Subdomain
Subdomains are are attached to the front of your main domain. They usually follow the form subdomain.maindomain.com. They behave very simmilar to a normal domain. You can point them to a folder to host a website just like a normal domain name.
Accessing the Subdomain Menu
- Log in to your Just Host cPanel account.
- Click the Domains tab at the top of your account.
- Click On Subdomains on the submenu.
- Log in to your Just Host account.
- Click the Domains tab from the side-navigation to the left.
- Click on Subdomains from the drop-down menu that appears.
Creating a Subdomain
- Enter the desired subdomain
- Choose one of your Domain Names from the drop-down list
- Enter the Document Root, this is the folder that contains the website you want to show.
- Click Create.