Just Host Web Hosting Help
How to configure Backup Settings
In order to configure or deactivate your backups from running on your VPS or Dedicated server you're going to need to log into your WHM.
- In the search bar type Backup.
- Choose the Legacy Backup Configuration.
How to Enable or Disable the Backups
From Backup Status choose Enable / Disable and go to the bottom of the page and click the Save button.
Modifying Your Backup Schedule
- To change what backups you want to run you need to edit BOTH the Backup Interval and Backup Retention.
- To disable Weekly and/or Monthly backups you need to uncheck them from the Backup Retention line, and then click the Save button.
- To disable the daily backup and only keep a weekly backup, then check weekly on Backup interval, and daily should uncheck from backup retention. Then make sure monthly is off if you want it off or on if you want it on. After that, go to the bottom and click the Save button.
Enabling Compression for BackupsCompressing your backups can be a great way to save space; however, you need to keep in mind that these backups will take longer to generate and the process will be more resource-intensive.
There are a few more things you can do here To, but that's the basics on how to either turn off your backups or configure which ones you want to use.
if you have multiple cPanel accounts, or you are finding that you don't have any backups but you have them enabled, you may want to check Backup User Selection to be sure backups are enabled on the correct usernames.