Just Host Web Hosting Help
Email not sending from Client or Webmail
If you are trying to send out emails from multiple email accounts and are failing to send from both webmail and third party email clients; there are several things that could be causing this:
- The maximum emails per hour has been exceeded. This can be caused by forwarders or by mailing lists. The default is 150 per hour. Feel free to contact us via Phone or Live Chat if you would like this increased. Please include detailed information regarding why you need the limit increased.
- This can be caused if one of the accounts has reached or exceeded its Disk Quota for the email account. This can, at times, cause other email addresses on the account to not be able to send email. There will also be problems when sending an email from an online external email client such as Hotmail, Yahoo, or Gmail to that email address. The email will bounce back as undeliverable.
- Exim, the local MTA (mail transfer agent), could be down on the server.
- Our mail proxy servers could have their email queues backed up. When this happens, please be patient as there will be a delay of 3-4 hours before the email is delivered.
Potential Tell tale Signs
- If the email is returning a 550 verification failed or sender verify failed error, when sending from that email address and other email addresses on the account, then it could be related to one account exceeding its quota or related to authentication of the SMTP server from the email client.
Knowledgebase Article 451,335 views bookmarksharetags: email exceeded mailbox outlook quota receive receiving send sender unableShare or save this via:
- If there appears to be no emails, yet the account is showing a Disk Quota, you can follow this article to correct the problem:Change the Mailbox (Size) Quota. or you can go to Email Accounts and either delete emails to decrease the Disk Space size of what has been stored, or you can increase the Disk Quota storage by selecting Change Quota.
- For errors such as Error: 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA. Please see our article: Sending Emails Generates Error: 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA.
Recommended Help ContentWhere do I Change my Mailbox (Size) Quota? How do I Increase or Decrease Mailbox (Storage) Quota?
How to setup your Just Host-hosted email address with an email application.
So, you want to access your email, eh? You're going to need an email client for that. But what is an email client? Email clients come in two varieties: webmail and email applications.
Related Help ContentIf you find some of your emails end up your recipients Spam folder, arrive late, or sometimes don't arrive at all, this article can help you improve the deliverability of the messages you are sending.
Why do my email messages keep getting returned?
How do I add my Just Host email account to Outlook 2002?
Configuring your email client: Outlook Express.Knowledgebase Article 393,761 views tags: configuration configure email express imap outlook pop setup
How to setup an email account in Outlook 2016 for Mac
How to setup an email account in Outlook 2016 for Windows
Configuring your email client: Outlook 2003