Just Host Web Hosting Help
How To Setup Email On Windows 10 Mail
This article will explain how to setup an email account in the Windows 10 mail application.
- Type "Mail" into the search bar next to the start menu.
- Click the "Mail" icon that appears in the search results.
The mail application should open on your screen.
Add a New Account
There are two ways to add an email account in Mail. If mail hasn't been setup before, you will get a Welcome window inviting you to setup an email account. If mail has been setup already, you will have to access the mail settings and create a new account. The following are instructions for both scenarios:
If Mail Hasn't Been Setup
- Click "Get Started".
- Click "Add account".
If Mail Has Been Setup
- Click the Settings icon in the bottom left.
- On the right side of the mail window, the settings pane will open. Click on "Accounts".
- Click "add Account".
- On the new account screen, choose Advanced Setup.
- Choose Internet email
- On the next screen, enter the following settings:
- Account Name: Anything you would like to name this account.
- Your Name: The name that people will see when you send them an email from this account.
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.example.com Note: Replace example.com with your domain.
- Account Type: Choose IMAP4 (recommended) or POP3
- User Name: Enter the email address for the account you are setting up.
- Password: The password for the email account you are setting up.
- Outgoing: mail.example.com Note: Replace example.com with your domain.
- Leave the checkboxes for "Outgoing server requires authentication", "Use the same user name and password for sending mail", "Require SSL for incoming email", "Require SSL for outgoing email" checked.
- Click the "Sign In" button.
- On the "Setup Successful" message click the "Done" button.
- If you receive an "Untrusted certificate" message, click the continue button.
Your email account should now be added to Windows 10 mail.