Just Host Web Hosting Help
Restart a Dedicated or VPS Server.
This article will explain how to restart your Dedicated or VPS server.
Note: When possible, its best to restart only the service having issues on your server instead of restarting the entire server.
Restarting a Single Service
You will need to be able to login to your WHM. If you haven't done that before please see https://my.Justhost.com/hosting/help/whm-login#root-password
- Login to the WHM by going to yourdomain.com/whm.
- If this is your first time logging into the WHM, you may see a page titled "Feature Showcase". Click on Exit to WHM at the bottom of the page.
- In the top left search bar type "Restart".
- Under "Restart Services", select the service you want to restart.
Note: If you aren't sure which service to restart, you can restart each service one at a time to see if it resolves your issue.
- Click the Yes button to restart the service.
- Wait for the service to be restarted then check if your issue has been resolved.
Restarting the Server
The server can be easily restarted from your Just Host account.
Note: If you have tried to restart individual services and still need to do a full system reboot, it's best to contact support so we can watch the server reboot safely. Occasionally, a reboot can fail and cause unintended problems like "FSCK" and other types of data loss and corruption.
- Login to your Just Host account.
- Click on the hosting tab near the top.
- Click on the server link under the hosting tab.
- Click on the server management link on the left side.
- Click the reboot button.
The "server is:" status should change from running to rebooting.
Once the reboot is finished, it should change back to running. Then you can check if your issue has been resolved.