Just Host Web Hosting Help
FTP Setup using Dreamweaver MX
Configuring FTP for Dreamweaver (Version MX)
- Open DreamWeaver MX. Click on Site and choose New Site.
- Click on the Advanced Tab. For site name, enter a phrase that describes your site. Dreamweaver will choose a local root folder for you. Also, enter your HTTP address and click on the Remote Info category.
- Change Access to FTP. Then enter your FTP Host which is your domain name (example: mysite.com) or the IP address of your server. For Host Directory please type in public_html. Then enter your login name and password. The login name will be the character username you received in your sign up confirmation email.
- Still on the same screen, place a check in Automatically upload files to the server on save.
- Click on the connect to remote site button.
- Make sure the second drop down reads Remote View. You will see a list of files in your public_html folder.
- Double-click any file, edit it, and choose save. Dreamweaver will automatically update it on the server.
- Should you ever add images or other files that need to be uploaded, select local view from the site drop down.
- Select the files that need uploading and click the PUT button (up arrow).