Note: Please password protect the /cgi-bin folder so that only authorized users can access it (found under cPanel -> Security -> Password Protect Directories).
- Download Awstats: http://awstats.sourceforge.net
- Extract the contents of the file to your computer.
- Use an FTP client to upload the contents of the /cgi-bin and /icon folders into the root of your domain (both are located in the "wwwroot" folder).
- Change the permissions of the awredir.pl and awstats.pl files to 755 (in the /cgi-bin directory).
- Download the Awstats configuration file created by cPanel: /tmp/awstats/awstats.yourdomain.com.conf.
- Open this file with a text editor, search for the "DirIcons" line, and change it to show: DirIcons="/icon/".
- Upload the modified file to the /cgi-bin folder.
- You may now access your statistics at http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?config=yourdomain.com
Just Host Suggests creating a subdomain such as stats.yourdomain.com and redirecting it to the above URL to make it easy to access, its also possible to alter the directory name where the icons are loaded, but make sure the folder path is defined properly in the .conf file or the icons will not work properly.
Recommended Help Content
This article will explain how to log in to your Account Control Panel
How do I Access My Account Control Panel?
This article will explain how to login to a website created with WordPress.
Related Help Content
How to manage the SSL used for cPanel login through the WHM
How to enable the function to manually update AwStats
How can I import awstats from my previous host?
To view your stats, scroll down to the Logs section of the cPanel Here are different programs that can be used to view your stats. We most recommend awstats When you select your stats program, you ma
How do I grant permissions to cPanel for my MySQL database administrator without giving them the domain password?
Explanation as to where a reseller and their customers will login to access their sites
Accessing your account is as easy as entering your domain name and password on the login screen, or clicking one of our Single Sign-On options.
This article will explain how to login to a WordPress site using WordPress tools.