Our Linux web servers have the capability to run CGI scripts in your own "cgi-bin" directory. Scripts may be written in Perl, Python and CGI languages.
Using CGI Scripts
Here are some helpful tips to follow when installing scripts:
- Upload to your cgi-bin directory to ensure proper file permission settings.
- All scripts on our server must have permissions set to 755 (rwx-rx-rx). If you need help in changing script permissions, please see our article about setting file and user permissions.
- Upload in ASCII transfer mode (and NOT BINARY mode)
- The first line of each script must read:
a) #!/usr/bin/perl (for Perl)
b) #!/usr/bin/python (for Python)
- Ensure the permissions are set to 755
Recommended Help Content
How to run CGI scripts for Addon domains.
Does your company have any limit about CGI script use?
tags: cgi script
What is CGI?
Related Help Content
I need help with my CGI script?
Do You Have Any Applications Available for Customers to Use?
Understanding the Basics of CGI.
This article will explain how to connect your scripts to your MySQL databases.
Why am I Getting File Not Found When Executing My CGI?
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPress.
How to create a package on your Reseller account.
This article explains how to add CPU and memory upgrades to a CloudSites account.