Just Host Web Hosting Help
MySQL Export (.sql file) with PhpMyAdmin
Finding phpMyAdmin in your Control Panel
Once you have created a database, you can access it via the web administration panel.
- Log in to your Just Host cPanel account.
- Under the category Databases click phpMyAdmin
- The list of available databases will be listed on the left hand side once you get into phpMyAdmin.
Instructions on Exporting a Database
- Select the database you would like to work with.
- Along the top of the screen click the "Export" tab.
- Select the options you would like for the export. If you aren't sure, simply leave things as they are and click the "Save as file" checkbox and click Go.
- This will download a .sql file to your computer.
Notes and Concepts
Many systems, like Just Host's servers, are configured with control panel software installed used to delegate the administration of the account on the server. Whenever possible, it is recommended you use the controls within the control panel itself for certain tasks (such as creation of databases, creation of users, management of user privileges, etc.) instead of phpMyAdmin. Performing these tasks outside the control panel can produce undesired results in the operation of the control panel software.
On Linux based systems (like your Just Host server), database names, database users, table names and column names are case sensitive, whereas on Windows based systems they are case insensitive.