Just Host Web Hosting Help
Obtaining and Installing CuteFTP
CuteFTP is a Windows and Mac based File Transfer Protocol (FTP) application or an FTP Client. Like most FTP software, CuteFTP uses a user friendly graphical interface to perform tasks that would normally require a cumbersome command line utility. It gives users the ability to upload, download, and edit files on remote FTP servers without having to know all the details of the protocol itself. Although CuteFTP is not free, it does have a free 30 day trial. If a free FTP client is needed, there are several out there, such as FileZilla. If you are looking for different instructions regarding CuteFTP, please refer to the following articles:
- Obtaining and Installing CuteFTP
- How to Configure CuteFTP
- How to Manage Files with CuteFTP
- How to Transfer Files with CuteFTP
For Instructions on setting up CuteFTP version 8.2 please see FTP Setup Using CuteFTP Home Version 8.2
Where and How to Download CuteFTP
- CuteFTP can be installed from http://www.cuteftp.com/cuteftp/
- Click on Download Trial to get the trail version of the software or click ADD TO CART to purchase and download the complete software.
- Make sure you download/buy the appropriate software for your Windows or Mac machine (CuteFTP for Windows computers and CuteFTP Mac Pro for Mac users).
- Once the download is complete, follow the installation instructions.
Congratulations, CuteFTP trial has now been installed to your computer. You are now ready to open the application and connect to your web hosting server using CuteFTP.