OSComerce does not have an easy to use Password Reset tool. Instead you will need to remove the existing administrator account and then create a new one.
How to Reset Your OSCommerce Administrator Account
- Login to your justhost Control Panel
- Click the phpMyAdmin icon, located in the Databases section of the cPanel.
- From the left hand side of the page, choose your osCommerce database name (typically something like _osc1).
- Again, from the left hand side choose the table named administrators.
- Click the tab labeled Empty, located about the middle of the page.
- You will be prompted, "Do you really want to : TRUNCATE TABLE 'administrators' ?", Click the OK button.
- Now return to your osCommerce site and try to login to the admin area. The site will state that there is not currently a user, so you can be the first.
- Enter the desired admin name and password into the login area and click the Login button.
- Nothing will seem to happen, but your site just accepted your submission as the new administrator user.
- Again login with the newly created administrator username and password you just typed in the previous step.
Recommended Help Content
This article will explain how to change the password for a database in the event that the original password is lost.
This article explains how to reset a lost WordPress password using phpMyAdmin.
When I try to log into my OSCommerce shopping cart using https://secure.Justhost.com/~username url, my shopping cart isn't the same. It is as though I have 2 carts, one for HTTP (unsecure) an
Related Help Content
How do I grant permissions to cPanel for my MySQL database administrator without giving them the domain password?
How to reset various passwords associated with your account
How do I change my Control Panel password?
What should I do if I am having problems with multiple password prompts on my password protected directory?
I am prompted to set a new MySQL password. What does this mean and how do I change it?
This article explains the different password types for your justhost account.
How do I reset my Joomla password?
Instructions for restting your Email Account's Password through cPanel or Webmail