Just Host Web Hosting Help
Rename database tables in phpMyAdmin
How to rename database tables in phpMyAdmin
This article will show you how to rename a database table in phpMyAdmin.
What You Need
- Your MySQL Password, most of the time this is the same as the cPanel password
- You need to be able to access the cpanel on your account
Access The Database
These steps explain how to access phpMyAdmin.
- From your account cpanel, go to the databases group of icons, and click on phpMyAdmin
- When prompted, login with your MySQL user password.
- From the list of databases, select the database that contains the table you wish to rename.
Running The Alter Command
Once you have the correct database selected, these steps will explain how to run an alter command to rename your table.
- Click the SQL tab at the top.
In the text box enter the following command:
ALTER TABLE exampletable RENAME TO new_table_name;
- Replace exampletable with the name of your table.
- Replace new_table_name with the new name for your table.
- Click the go button
The database table should now have the new name.