Just Host Web Hosting Help
VPS Dedicated Installing SSL
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Installing an SSL Certificate for a Website
This article will explain how to install an SSL certificate on a Dedicated or VPS server.
The General Steps Involved in installing an SSL
Click on any of the steps to jump to that point in the walkthrough and see more details.
Logging Into The WHM
To setup an SSL certificate you will need to be able to login to WHM on your server. This requires knowing the root password for your server. If you don't know the root password or haven't set one up please see https://my.Justhost.com/hosting/help/whm-login#root-password.
- Login to the WHM by going to yourdomain.com/whm in a browser. Replace yourdomain.com with your domain.
- Once you get to the login page enter your username and password.
- Username will be root.
- Password will be the root password for your server. If you don't know the root password or haven't set one up please see https://my.Justhost.com/hosting/help/whm-login#root-password.
- If this is your first time logging into the WHM you may see a page titled "Feature Showcase". Click on Exit to WHM at the bottom of the page.
Access The Install SSL Tool
Once you are logged into the WHM you need to use the SSL installer to upload and activate a certificate on the domain. The easiest way to find it is through the WHM search tool.
- In the WHM Search box on the left side enter "Install an SSL Certificate"
- Click on the "Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain" link that appears.
You should now be at the Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain page in the WHM.
Install The SSL
When you purchased the SSL certificate you should have received a files for your certificate, key and Certificate Authority bundle. If you do not have these files you will need to get them from company you purchased the certificate from.
- On the "Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain" page enter your domain your certificate was issued for into the "Domain:" box.
- Paste the Certificate, Key and Certifcate Authority Bundle into their respective boxes.
- Click the Install button at the bottom.
The SSL certificate should be installed and you can begin using it.